Book An Inspection
Pre Booking Details
How It Works
We work with you, taking a logical approach to pool and spa safety. This extends beyond the black and white of rules and regulations for solutions that focus on compliance while maintaining the quality of your landscaping and the value of your property.
Fill in all the details on your online booking form, including your preferred date for inspection
Your inspector checks your swimming pool, spa and barriers are compliant with Australian NSW Government Standards
If your pool, spa, barrier and area is compliant when we visit, your certificate of compliance is issued
If your pool, spa and barrier is not compliant when we visit, your certificate of non-compliance is issued
Once rectifications are complete, a re-inspection is arranged before your certificate of compliance can be issued
Your address and inspection is confirmed by email noting day and time across a 2 hour window
A detailed report is written up including photos with descriptions and explanations on rectifications
The fee of $59+GST is payable for the administration costs as well as time taken in lodging, acquiring and issuing your certificate
If your pool spa and barrier is non-compliant after the initial inspection, you have up to six (6) weeks to rectify any issues, before, by law, council is notified
We can only guarantee you won’t need another re-inspection if you use our selected contractor to complete rectifications
Still Got Questions?
Welcome, Settle Back & Please Read.
Thanks for coming here.
This is where we get into the nitty-gritty. It’s not exactly fun, but it gets the pointy end of business done. It’s hard work, but the end result sees your pool and spa inspected, certified and compliant to NSW Compliant Standards.
These are all the good things.
Because there is no price on a life.
We recommend you take your time with this section and we look forward to inspecting your pool.
Pool Safety Solutions Online Booking Agreement
Law requires an agreement be signed between us and the Property Owner prior to Inspection. This allows the Council to monitor which Inspectors are inspecting which swimming pool and spa. While this procedure does require a few moments of your time, your pool and spa cannot be inspected without a signed agreement. This rule is applicable to every New South Wales Pool Safety Inspector.
Law Dictates: No Signed Agreement, No Inspection
But we make that easy for you.
Sign your contractual agreement right here to "Book A Free Inspection".
The Client: Also referred to as ‘You’, the ‘Property Owner’, ‘Authorised Representative, or ‘Individual’ requesting the services of Pool Safety Solutions Sydney. Pool Safety Solutions Sydney: Also referred to as ‘I’, ‘Our’, ‘Us’ and ‘We’, the primary Service Provider, Employees and/or Affiliates. The Agreement: Pool Safety Solutions Sydney will issue you with a signed agreement via email outlining our scope of works, work method and limitations of service. For the purposes of this document, The Agreement may also be titled ‘Work’ or ‘Service’
- The Client seeks to engage the pool safety inspector to perform certification work on the address listed below.
- This is an agreement between the Certifier and the Pool Owner, as the Certifier is accredited under the Building Professionals Act 2005 for the inspection of the swimming pool barriers and to issue a certificate of compliance under the s.22D Swimming Pools Act 1992.
- If the swimming pool does not comply, immediately or within two (2) days, a written notice under s.22E Swimming Pools Act 1992 indicating the items of non-compliance will be issued to Pool Owner
- If the swimming pool still does not comply (after 6-week period) a written notice under s.22E Swimming Pools Act 1992 indicating the items of non-compliance will be issued to the local council
- However, if the barrier is deemed a risk to public safety, the notice will be forwarded immediately.
These are the details of the pool inspector who will, from the date of the Agreement, carry out the certification work.
Name of Certifier Phil Commandeur
Accreditation Number BPB3009
Certifier’s Insurance Details
Name of Insurer Lloyds of London - General Liability Policy
Policy No/ Identifier 1608GL9394
Date of Agreement
This Agreement commences from today's date.
* A fee of $ 59+GST is payable for the administration costs as well as time taken in lodging, acquiring and issuing of any and all certificates.
The client acknowledges the initial ‘call out’ for the pool safety inspection is complimentary.
If any re-inspection is required due to works needing rectification, a fee of $199+GST per re-inspection applies.
Description of Services
The Certifier will perform all work necessary to comply with relevant statutory requirements, including:
- Inspecting the swimming pool and spa
- Assessing whether the swimming pool complies with the requirements for the issue of a certificate of compliance under S.22D of the Swimming Pools Act 1992
- Issuing a certificate of compliance to the Client providing the swimming pool complies
- Issuing the following if the swimming pool is non-compliant:
- written notice under section 22E of the SP Act, and
- a certificate of non-compliance within seven days of the date of inspection.
- Providing a copy of the section 22E written notice to the relevant local council:
- Immediately where, in the opinion of the Certifier, the pool poses a significant risk to public safety, or
- within five (5) days after the expiry of six weeks from the date of inspection unless a certificate of compliance is issued beforehand.
- If necessary, re-inspecting the swimming pool, and issuing certificates and/or written notices, as appropriate
- Updating the property record on the NSW Swimming Pool Register, as required
- The client acknowledges if the invoice goes past seven (7) days overdue, the debt will be forwarded to a debt collection agency where the debt collectors fee will be added to the invoice to cover debt recovery.
Proof of Date of Construction
The property owner is required to supply a proof of date as to when the pool and/ or barrier was constructed or proof of date if/ when any major alterations to the pool, pool fence or boundary fences were made.
If proof of date is unable to be acquired, as per the Swimming Pools Act 1992, the pool barrier will be assessed with the Australian Standard AS1926.1-2012.
Please note the details below are required for the purpose of fulfilling this agreement