2019 is the year for Fair Trading NSW to update Pool Signage for Under Construction and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Signs. We’ve got all the details of what’s what, where, how and why to Update Your Pool Signage.
Safety signs are a critical part of pool safety which you can consider as a layer of protection for your guests.
The best signs are
- compliant to the latest pool safety standards, providing complete content and how to avoid risks
- a systematic approach with repetition of messages communicating important pool safety warnings at critical points
- tailored content specific to pool safety
- effective in communication safety information using large text
- designed with graphic symbols for universal comprehension and instant recognition
Most importantly, pool signage gives you the confidence to proactively know you’re keeping people safe from harm while reducing liability risk and fulfilling your legal duty of care.
From 1 March 2019, updated signage requirements were introduced for pools under construction or renovation. While the pool is under construction or renovation, the “Under Construction” sign must be clearly and prominently displayed at all times, and removed only when an occupation certificate or certificate of compliance has been issued.
All swimming pools are required to have a CPR Sign displayed within the swimming pool area or attached to the pool’s safety barrier. From September 1, new pools and spas must use updated CPR signage.
Essentially, the CPR sign must be
- attached to the pool safety fence or displayed near the pool, so the sign is clearly visible
- in good condition and able to be read easily from 3 metres
- made of durable and weatherproof material
- prominently include information matching Australian Resuscitation Council’s recommended technique for CPR and explaining how to act in an emergency, from calling Triple 000 to providing first aid.
When it’s all in the aid of Pool Safety, follow the signs, because a sign could save a life.
We offer a CPR Sign With Every Pool Safety Solutions Certification: Just Ask
Need Expert Advice? Need Safety, Inspection & Certification Assistance?
We’ve got answers.